Monday, November 03, 2008

Forgive me for this, but since I've been back from Spain, I find that I am not the most patriotic person anymore.  Please don't misunderstand that as I don't like or that I hate America.  I actually think America has a lot of good things about it, but there are many things about American culture I find really odd and even really wrong.

I began to realize this while I was sitting in church this past sunday and I watched a video talking about things that we as believers should stand up for when voting tomorrow.  Instead of raising the cross in the video, they raised the American flag.  Instead of raising God's word, they raised the red, white and blue.

Does anybody else find something wrong with this?  Doesn't it bother anyone else that we almost place Country over Christ?  A president over an everlasting king?  Democracy over the kingdom?  God bless America over "In God We Trust?"

No comments: