Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I love the area in which I live. It has some of the most beautiful natural beauty I've ever been able to experience on a daily basis. This is due to the fact that the people which live around the area that I live claim to be very "green" oriented. I guess I do have to be thankful that they care for God's creation. Sometimes I do wonder though how much they really care about the environment. This is the 18th richest county in the United States that boasts on being green and liberal. The reason I wonder this is that they boast of being green, but I do not see them giving up their houses to live in places that are more sustainable or giving up their gas-guzzling vehicles to cut back on air polution and volunteering to ride public transportation or even bring the BART to this side of the bay.

The truth is they care about the environment to the point where it minimally affects their own lives. When it really starts affecting them in the way that it takes away from the possessions they "need," then they are not so "green" anymore.

No comments: