Thursday, June 14, 2007

So I am reading through Matthew and I just got through reading about Jesus being betrayed by Jesus. In that chapter, Judas asked the Pharisees how much they would pay him if he were to hand over Jesus to them. Of course we all know that he hands over Jesus for thirty pieces of silver. Now first of all, betraying Jesus for any kind of money is dead wrong and you know we always frown upon Judas when we read this. Jesus himself said "Woe to that man. For it would have been better for him to have never been born."

After reading this, I got to thinking in my own life what I've traded over the Lord for. I can recall so many times in life I've traded him for human friends, for music, for money or for respect amongst other people. I've even traded time with him for good things like doing tons of relief work or giving money to good causes. We as human being tend to trade him for things that are so tangible and for things that will give us some recognition amongst mankind. We always seem to forget the verse "What is seen is temporary; but what is unseen is eternal." Are you trading the best thing-our relationship with the Lord- for good things? Are you trading what is seen for what is unseen? Remember that Jesus said "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe."

And now for the funny story of the week:

My teacher was asking me about the Camino De Santiago and what was my favorite part. I told her that "I really enjoyed this one place we stayed at called Sobrado de Dos Monxes. There, we stayed at a monastery and we stayed with monks."......Or so I thought I said in Spanish. Immediately I get all these weird looks from people and I quickly found out what I said. Instead of saying I stayed with monks in Spanish, I said I slept with monks. So that was my first language goof up since I've been here. I thought I would share that one with you.

Favorite lyric of the moment:

I know you stay true when my world is false
Everything around's making time for chaos
I will see you when my sight is lost
Everything around's making time for chaos
- Chaos
by MuteMath

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Hey my Spanish Brother!

This comment applies to your last few posts. I did not have blogspot access for almost two weeks. So, I am getting updated on everyone's sights. Anyways, it seems that Father is working mightily in your life. There seems to be a somewhat evident line of work that Father wants to take you down to alleviate the top. Earlier in my life, I had to work through 'forgiveness' with Him and others and I also had to work through the 'being a burden / bother to others.' First, they are not completely solved because I am human and stubborn. Second, as I allowed Father to work these issues in my life, the issue with always being busy seemed to lessen. It would flair up sometimes when I would limit His work in my life!

Anyways, I will talk to you later! Love you, Bro!