Tuesday, May 15, 2007

So after 75 miles of hiking in Northern Spain, I am back. It was a great time of walking through beautiful pastures of green and small towns with good people, good food, and good times. I have learned so much on this trip that I would have never learned being in a busy city and having such a busy life here in Barca. I also got to really know my team on a deeper and more meaningful way. They're going to be my family for the next two years and I'm looking forward to getting to know them more and more.

I think the most important thing I have learned from this trip is just how valuable grace is in my life. I wouldn't be able to do anything to deserve the love that Christ has for me. It's only by grace that I have been saved. I have also learned to not be so concerned with human opinion, but rather who I am in Christ. I have been reinforced with the lesson that not everybody is going to like me and that's fine. I am also so thankful for the ones that do understand me and love me for who I truly am. I don't need to spend time trying to make people understand me or love me, that I just need to live the way God has me to live and he'll put people in my life that will be meaningful and challenging. (Disclaimer: I love my teammates as a whole a great deal and what they believe, I value in them as a person. Just wanted to be sure that they knew that... ;) )

More comments about the Camino coming soon...





Life is beautiful, but it's complicated
We barely make it
We don't need to understand
There are miracles, miracles

1 comment:

Hope said...

Hey Buddy!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and seeing my pics. I hope all is well with you. I hope we can talk soon. Have a great week!