Monday, August 06, 2007

Summer Vacation Has Begun (for Spaniards)
In Spain, the whole month of August is vacation time for Spaniards...I know I wish I had a whole month of vacation a year.  Needless to say, most of my Spaniard friends will be gone on vacation during this time, leaving Barcelona absolutely dead around here.  My favorite chocolate shop here will be closed for the whole month which really stinks.  I really like going there and getting a cafe con leche with a mint dark chocolate bar.

Copeland + Cloudy Weather
I have discovered the perfect music to listen to during an overcast or rainy weather.  The perfect music to listen to is the band Copeland.  Every time I listen to them when it is overcast, the wonderful melodies of guitar combined with the vocals of Aaron just make this band the ultimate to listen to.  So if you ever have an overcast or rainy weather, be sure to listen to Copeland during that time.  Copeland is a great band regardless, but they're meant to listen to during those rainy days.

Changes (and I don't mean just clothes either)
There's already so many changes in myself and in those from home I keep in contact with.  I can tell the shifts in the way I think and do things has changed considerably and I have to say, I like where God is taking me with this.  I'm learning to truly care for those around me, to care for the planet, as well as truly become more real with people than ever.  

Haley reminded me of the story of the Dragon in C.S. Lewis' Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  In this story, the Dragon was a human before this.  The Lion tells the dragon that he must tear the dragon skin off.  The dragon tries this and then proceeds to look in the water to see if he's changed back into human form, only to discover he's the same.  The Lion ultimately tells the Dragon that only him tearing it away can change it.  After tearing away at the dragon's skin, the dragon is in pain for a while.  He looks down and notices that he's back to human form.  This story reminded me that change can and will be painful at times, but that the only meaningful change can be brought by Christ and Christ alone.

That's it for now you guys.  Take care and God bless.

No comments: