Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I have realized that my last couple of blogs have been on the attack about things in the church or things in American Society.  This blog however is going to be one of confession. A confession to things that I have done when I was in the States:

- I confess that I have lived a life of double dutch missions as I call it.  I stand on the outside, wait for the opportunity, get in, do my job and get out and think "that was fun."  However, the problem is that I have treated it like a job and haven't really invested in any individuals that I've come in contact with on these trips.  I have been full of broken promises to people that I promised to e-mail and still be a part of their life journey.  Because of that, I don't know where they are in their walk with Christ.

- I realized that I have not consistently taken the light into the dark areas of the community around me.  I have been content in my Christian bubble with a fear of lostness contamination.  I've let fear of being influenced by the world overcome my fear of the Lord in my life.

- I confess that I have read and memorized scripture my whole life, but not applied every word of it that I have ever memorized.

- I confess that I have not lived a life where I am that encourages community with those around me and have depended so much on my independence, that I forget the gospel is about being around people and sharing Him with those that don't know Him.

- I confess that I have picked and chosen in the past who I want to share the gospel with instead of just being open as to who God brings my way. 

- I confess that in my past, I made stances against certain movies or books instead of taking stances against things that really matter.

- I confess that I have spent money on selfish desires that will come and go instead of really investing it in things that will make the world a better place for everyone.



More to come...


No comments: