Friday, April 06, 2007

As I am back at my house on 2603 Camellia Drive in Tifton, GA, I am full of so many mixed emotions about things. It was hard waking up this morning and not waking up in my twin bed in quad 5B and not hearing Pey Pey greet me in the morning. It was weird not seeing Dan and us two just goofing off like we usually do. It was weird and sad not seeing my two best friends in club 9a again.
However, as I have been back in Georgia, I have come to really ponder what the word "home" really means. Me being the English type major that I am, I looked up the word Home in the dictionary. I came upon several definitions, but this one definition stuck out the most:

the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.

I miss my home...the place I spent 8 weeks growing with people that I grew to love so much and to be so comfortable around. The place where people got to see me at my best and at my worst. The place where people got to see the goofy side of me, yet the quiet side all at the same time. Virginia has been my home for the past 8 weeks.
However, my new home awaits in 2 weeks. I will get on a plane and head to Barcelona, Spain, where I will get to share life with people and get a chance to love people and be loved back all the same. I will get to experience the same things I did in VA.....happiness, laughter, sadness, pain, suffering, but most importantly JOY. I will learn there as well what it means to live by faith and not by sight...to hold unswervingly to the hope that I profess, and to know what it means when it says that love never fails.
To my friends in VA, I love you guys so much and think about you guys all the time and pray for you guys. To my roomie Pey Pey and my friend Dan, you guys are wonderful young men and I'm humbled that you guys love and respect me so much. To my friends in Quad 9, I love you all more than you'll ever know and more than any word I could ever say.
However, it's time for us to move forward. It's time to break camp and go to war where we are suppose to be. Go with your Armor and be barbaric and have faith, hope and love. Blessings to all.

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

here's to missing you man, even though the hugs aren't missed so much. haha j/k

The Proud Mom said...

I know your whole life is in transition, but we're here for you.