Sunday, April 29, 2007

Today, we discussed the idea of intentional as in relation to the bible and our lives as followers of Jesus. We discussed the ideas of what are some ideas of intentionality and what we thought intentionality means in our lives.

In my life, I would have to say intentionality is enriching those around you with truth and the Love of Jesus while keeping your focus on what it should be; that in hopes that one day that the enrichment of the gospel that you pour into them will show them they should turn to Jesus as their savior.

I left the study with the one question in my head, "Is what I am doing intentional towards the end goal or am I doing things with other intentions in my mind?" The bible says we have to take capture every thought and to test everything. I find myself constantly testing whether what I am doing is leading to the big picture, am I doing a bunch of random things for the sake of a project, or am I making a person a project in my own life?

Me and my boss discussed today that in your face sharing, we feel, treats people as projects and not as people. I feel the turn or burn philosophy has become an impersonal, condemning way of sharing the gospel with an individual rather than being what the gospel should be...and that is sharing life with people and welcoming in the sick and sore and wounded and sharing with them in their sufferings and showing them that there is a hope in this world.

Am I saying that you should not share your testimony up front and tell people that you are a follower of Jesus? Not at all! What I am rather saying is share your faith up front, but continue to share life with them and be a friend to them and wait on the Lord to provide you with opportunities to pour truth into their lives. The one challenge of this way of sharing is that it challenges you to live the example out instead of just saying a bunch of words or spiritually throwing up on people (gross visual image...I know).

The question I leave everyone is this. If you were on the other side of the fence, would you want to be treated as a project or a person? The choice is up to you. I'll leave you to answer that for yourself. My prayer is that people would stop sharing and then leaving, but rather sharing and then keep walking with that person or with the people.

No comments: