Sunday, April 22, 2007

Today was a great day. I got to go to a Church with Haley in which the service was entirely in Catalan and I even got to sing in Catalan a little. I got to introduce myself to the church and I got to meet the pastor and his wife as well. It was a sweet moment. Then, we went to this festival near the docks that was hosted by Oxfam. I got to have some SalteƱas Bolivianas and Empanadas Argentinas, which were both so delicious. Then we went to the Park, where they were having an Earth Day celebration. Then I came back with Caleb to his place and I took a mad nap and took it slow till Supper time and worship with the team.

In worship, we talked about what the word blessing really means. I came to the conclusion that the word blessing means being filled by the Lord in our lives. Blessings cannot be measured in finding money or someone doing an act of kindness, but rather in the Lord filling us with His spirit on a daily basis.

Tomorrow, I move in to my residencia, where I will hopefully get to build relationships with some Catalanes and refine my Spanish a bit. I'm excited, nervous and scared. I know with all my heart that the Lord will be with me and will never leave me. Peace out peeps.

No comments: